Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 8


Now that I'm awake.... I want to update all the stuff I left out.... :-)


Today was a slow ride for me as you can tell from the prior post... there was major event of the day and then one post ride event I want to share...


About 3/4 of the way through the ride during a bottle hand off one of the riders (Tim) and my son (Christian) had a collision... Christian was trying to hand off a bottle to Terry while we were moving but Terry dropped the bottle.... Christian was trying a new technique of running along side of the bike to make the bottle hand off so he was learning.... any way Terry dropped the bottle and Christian stopped in the middle of the lane and Tim ran into the back of him... they are both OK... praise God.... it was a painful learning experience for Christian... It will make him a much better SAG support person..... He got a pretty good cauliflower ear and a scrape on his leg... (posted the pic). Tim landed on his back in the bike lane but was able to get back on his bike and finish the ride.... Both Tim and Terry rode great today....


Next thing I wanted to share was an experience I had at one of the Indiana rest stops..... I was standing in line at the McDonald's (great bike food NOT!!!) and these two teenagers walk up behind me commenting on my t-shirt. We started talking and I shared about the ride and the reason I am doing this... the Dad walked over and started asking about the trip as well..... I was so tired I could barley focus.... but the family was so nice and so supportive of my efforts it was it was one of the highlights of my day.... later on why while we were sitting eating our lunch a little girl walked up and asked if we took donations.... I said yes and she handed me $10 .... it almost brought me to tears.... especially after the day I was having.... it was awesome to see the impact our ride and the cause had on this family from Indiana.... God is good ...

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Christian is okay. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike and Family,
    Im so proud of you for all of your efforts...sounds like an experience of a lifetime. I cant wait for you to get home and share with us all of the stories and experiences you have had. Christian, Im glad that you are OK. Mike, stay strong, I know you can do this!!! Jill

    ReplyDelete