Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 6 Lincoln Nebraska to Iowa City....







Wow... what a day.... we did 88 miles with about 2,000 feet of climbing.... crazy amount of rollers.. We started in the town were Glen Miller was born...Clarinda Iowa that was so cool... being a musician and all.... it was a great day of riding.... as each day goes by I'm getting to know the guys better and everyone is starting to get used to each others style of riding... not that I have a style... I should say my lack of style... :-) ... The scenery was beautiful... we saw our first Amish People... they were selling baskets on the side of the road.... could not get a picture .... not allowed....

We rode very well considering how tired everyone is.... we completed the ride in 5 hours 18 min... stopped once for lunch.... I got to see Jen and the boys as they passed us... they stopped at our lunch spot so I could give them hugs and kisses.... it was so awesome to see them... we are all having such a wonderful time despite getting rained on and feeling aches and pains in spots were I did not know that I could ache.... :-) ... but I'm not doing this for me.... I'm doing for the children who have nothing and ask for nothing... but need so much.... I am so grateful that God has chosen me to do this with this incredible team...

After our leg was over we had to stop for dinner we found this restaurant called Grinnell Steakhouse... this was a very unique place were you order pick your meat out the fridge and cook it yourself... there motto is "We kill'em you Grill'em" ... just kidding .. it was good we meet the owner and had a great conversation with him... Tim went for it and got him to donate to the Ride for Hope.... it was another God moment..... for me anyway.... Well off to Chicago to do our 1/2 century ride today... hopefully there is a good turnout...well that’s enough for now...... miss all you guys and gals...

No comments:

Post a Comment